Linda Jones concentrates her practice exclusively in the area of health care law working primarily with hospitals and other health care institutions on a wide range of business and regulatory compliance matters. Linda's business transactions work for health care clients includes mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate structure and governance, financing of capital projects, tax exemption issues, hospital/physician relationships, and strategic alliances.
In the area of compliance, Linda regularly advises health care clients on federal and state regulatory matters, including anti-kickback and physician self-referral (Stark) laws. Linda's compliance work includes internal reviews and investigations, compliance training and education, voluntary disclosures, and refunds of overpayments to governmental payors.
Linda was recognized by Best Lawyers in America 2020 as a leading lawyer in healthcare, and as the 2012 Health Care Law Lawyer of the Year for Maryland. She is a ranked lawyer in healthcare in the 2020 edition of Chambers USA.
Civic and Charitable Service
- Baltimore Business Journal Outstanding Director Award, 2014
- Foundation for the Baltimore Leadership School for Young Women, Board of Directors (2009 - present); Board Chair (2016 - present)
- Greater Baltimore Committee Leadership Program, Class of 1992
- Health Care for the Homeless, Board of Directors (2005 – present); Board Chair (2011 - 2013)
- House of Ruth Maryland, Inc., Board of Directors (1998 – 2015); Board Chair (1999 - 2003)
- Maryland's Top 100 Women, 2002