We advise lenders, investors, developers, owners, customers, and renewable energy project operators on finance, development, tax credit, and related matters. Our lawyers have represented both lenders and borrowers in renewable energy financing, in deals involving a variety of debt and equity structures.
Our experience in federal tax credits and financing helps us identify and address important issues early in the project development cycle. That lets our clients realize more of the economic potential of their projects while cutting transaction costs.
- Development, bridge, construction and permanent financing transactions, including both direct project loans and back-levered structures;
- Power purchase agreements; site leases, licenses and easements; engineering, procurement, and construction contracts; operations and maintenance agreements, asset management services agreements, and capital leases;
- Tax equity investments;
- Advising on matters and issuing tax opinions related to the investment in federal investment tax credits;
- Negotiating the relative rights of tax equity investors and lenders;
- Acquisitions and dispositions of renewable energy companies, divisions and projects;
- Sale and financing of renewable energy credits and similar environmental attributes tied to the production of renewable energy;
- Financing of state and utility rebates and similar incentive payments tied to the production of renewable energy;
- Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) financings for renewable energy, energy efficiency, and water efficiency projects;
- Corporate matters;
- Real estate matters; and
- Renewable energy litigation disputes.
In addition to project finance and development advice, we offer a range of legal services, including:
- Representation in mergers and acquisitions;
- Advice on corporate governance, employment, real estate, taxation and intellectual property issues; and
- Representation in dispute resolution and litigation matters.
Gallagher Evelius & Jones is a member of SEIA, Solar Energies Industry Association.