Dave Raderman concentrates his practice in the areas of tax and business transactions, particularly tax sensitive real estate investments. His clients include both investors and developers of projects using federal and state affordable housing, new markets, renewable energy, and historic tax credits. Dave's practice also involves tax planning and the structuring of real estate and general business transactions. He lectures on topics such as affordable housing tax credits, historic credits, and the Maryland limited liability company act.
Dave is recognized by Best Lawyers in America 2019 as a leading lawyer in tax law.
Civic and Charitable Service
- Howard County Housing Commission, Board of Directors (2006 - 2009); Chair (2009)
- Maryland Affordable Housing Coalition, Board of Directors (2001 - 2011); Counsel (2012 - present)
- National Housing & Rehabilitation Association, Board of Directors (2008 – present)
- University of Maryland Alumni Association, Board of Directors (1991 - 1997), President (1994 - 1995)
- Columbia Downtown Housing Corporation, Board of Directors (2012 - 2014)
Articles and Presentations
- Presenter, “New Markets Tax Credits & Historic Tax Credits,” UB Journal of Land & Development Symposium, April 2016
- Presenter, “Adaptive Use: Today’s Legal Challenges,” a webinar on the use of new markets and historic credits in urban adaptive use projects, May 2015
- Presenter, "New Markets Tax Credits—The Basics,” 21st Advanced Real Property Institute, Maryland State Bar Association, October 2010
- Author, "Beware of the Allocation Agreement," New Markets Tax Credit Connection, Winter 2010