Tom Lewis concentrates on business transactions, including complex real estate acquisitions, financings and sales, formation of business entities, mergers and acquisitions, and health care transactions and finance.
Tom’s real estate practice embraces a range of project types, including innovative mixed-use redevelopment projects in urban areas, tax increment financing (TIFs), affordable and market rate housing developments, and senior housing and assisted living communities. He has represented long-term care providers and lenders in new construction projects, acquisitions, mergers with public and private companies, financing and sales, ranging from single-facility deals to multi-state portfolio transactions. Tom also provides assistance in land preservation and matters related to conservation organizations such as the Chesapeake Bay Foundation.
Tom has been recognized in Chambers USA, Maryland Super Lawyers, and has been selected to appear in the inaugural Super Lawyers Business Edition as a leading business and real estate transactions lawyer.
Civic and Charitable Service
- Maryland Task Force on Fisheries Management (appointed by Governor Martin O’Malley), Chairman (2007 - 2009)
- Baltimore Cultural Alliance (historic Bethesda theatre), Member, Board of Directors (2007 – 2011)
- University of Maryland School of Law, Board of Visitors (1995 - 2015)
- Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development, Advisory Board, Chairperson (1996 - 2002)
- Chesapeake Bay Journal, Board of Directors (2008 - present)